- Assist the Custodial Supervisor in scheduling and training staff as needed.
- Provide additional work direction and assistance to custodians as directed by Custodial Supervisor.
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain the daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Perform janitorial duties.
- Record all needed repairs and repair as directed.
- Ensure the building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning.
- Assist the Custodial Supervisor in purchasing cleaning supplies/equipment.
- Schedule clean up and repairs as directed by Custodial Supervisor.
- Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able and willing to develop
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use
- Willingness to learn and share new and better methods of cleaning
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of employment
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away from 10-15 times a day.
- Erect and stand on scaffolding, ladders, and platforms 3-4 times a week.
- Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time 3-4 times a week.
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shovelling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests on the work board.
Cleaner Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dusting and cleaning ceiling vents, surface areas, and counter surfaces
- Performs general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors
- Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products
- Using vacuuming equipment; vacuums and cleans carpets, performs further treatments such as shampoo or stain-removal as needed
- Disposal of trash from bins and containers
- Polishing furniture and room accessories as needed
- Scrubbing sinks, basins, and toilets in private and public bathrooms
- Keeping all public spaces neat and tidy
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors
- Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered on the job
Cleaner Requirements and Qualifications:
- General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies, and techniques for cleaning
- Able to follow verbal directions
- Ability to work well alone, or with a partner or team
- Reliable and punctual with a dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to assist team members with cleaning duties when needed
- Pays attention to detail when cleaning
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience; or knowledge, skills, and mental ability equivalent to 2 years of high school education
- Physically able to push vacuum cleaner for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 to 30 pounds
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during daily routine, with the ability to stand for long lengths of time
- Previous experience cleaning preferred; training will be provided
- Able to work nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.