Do you have an eye for detail and a notch for excellence? Welcome on board!!!
The Lead Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the areas assigned and provides some work direction to custodial staff. The incumbent is accountable for the completion of assigned duties with a minimum level of supervision. The incumbent interacts positively with members and staff and responds to requests personally or inform the appropriate maintenance staff member.
- Assist the Custodial Supervisor in scheduling and training staff as needed.
- Provide additional work direction and assistance to custodians as directed by Custodial Supervisor.
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain the daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Perform janitorial duties.
- Record all needed repairs and repair as directed.
- Ensure the building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to the supervisor.
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning.
- Assist the Custodial Supervisor in purchasing cleaning supplies/equipment.
- Schedule clean up and repairs as directed by Custodial Supervisor.
- Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able and willing to develop
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use
- Willingness to learn and share new and better methods of cleaning
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of employment
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away from 10-15 times a day.
- Erect and stand on scaffolding, ladders, and platforms 3-4 times a week.
- Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time 3-4 times a week.
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests on the work board.
The cleaner will be in charge of maintaining all public and private spaces to employer standards. Duties will include vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, and bathroom services. Attention to detail and a positive attitude a must. The right person is punctual, thorough but fast, and eager to learn.
Cleaner Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dusting and cleaning ceiling vents, surface areas, and counter surfaces
- Performs general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors
- Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products
- Using vacuuming equipment; vacuums and cleans carpets, perform further treatments such as shampoo or stain-removal as needed
- Disposal of trash from bins and containers
- Polishing furniture and room accessories as needed
- Scrubbing sinks, basins, and toilets in private and public bathrooms
- Keeping all public spaces neat and tidy
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors
- Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered on the job
Cleaner Requirements and Qualifications:
- General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies, and techniques for cleaning
- Able to follow verbal directions
- Ability to work well alone, or with a partner or team
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to assist team members with cleaning duties when needed
- Pays attention to detail when cleaning
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience; or knowledge, skills, and mental ability equivalent to 2 years of high school education
- Physically able to push vacuum cleaner for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 to 30 pounds
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during the daily routine, with the ability to stand for long lengths of time
- Previous experience cleaning preferred; training will be provided
- Able to work nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.